Peer Review!

              Hello there my enthusiastic friends! In today's blog I will be talking about how I got someone to peer review me and my groups final task video! Now that we had a finished product, it was time to get some constructive criticism! For this I had my best friend Bella because she came over to my house to watch us film. So, she was there for majority of the good parts and the mess ups. I asked her about her comments on the content of our scenes and her first comment was that the toddler scenes at the park were very busy. What she meant by this was that there were a lot of people in the background, and it was distracting from the eerie feeling we were aiming for. She suggested that we replace this scene with a different location. Which was completely understandable as there were lots of people in the background. Her next criticism was that she did not realize that Marissa and me were supposed to be sisters in the plot, and that the script did not make that relationship clear enough. She suggested that we tweak the script a bit so that it is explicitly stated somewhere that I am Marissa’s sister, and Riley’s friend. This was easily fixable as we could reshoot the beginning couch scene and add that bit of information into their conversation.

After she concluded that those were her only comments, we then asked her for feedback on the editing style. For this, she said she really enjoyed the sound effects and the songs that we used. Then brought up some conversational scenes were a bit echoey, to which we replied there was really nothing we could do since we did not have the time anymore to purchase clip-on microphones or any other type of audio equipmentShe then brought up that she was unaware that the flashback scenes were flashbacks, and that they looked too similar to the present time parts of the film. For this, she suggested that we add a filter or change some part of the saturation or color on the scenes so that it was more obvious it was happening at a different time. Thats all for today! The journey is almost over but not over yet! Till next time my enthusiastic friends!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about me... again!

Other Info!